Thursday, December 6, 2012

Prints and Pollocks

 It's seriously been a while since I've updated, even though I have a ton of pictures waiting to be posted and lots of projects to talk about.  These two projects were really fun and complimented each other well, so I thought I'd throw them into one post...

 



My toddler classes worked on these mini Pollock paintings (R) using the tried and true marble painting technique.  We used a variety of objects, including beads and seashells, and got a ton of different effects.  The kids loved the concept of making lots of noise while creating artwork.  Preschool and Pre-K worked on these fabulous aluminum foil prints (L), and they absolutely adored this project.  A lot of the kids wanted to do multiple prints, so I let them try all kinds of color combinations and paint thicknesses.  The example above is one of my favorites...


...Here's a few more examples of these projects...

















 ...I also used the same marble painting technique to make these paper chain strips.  I threw a little glitter in the mix as well.  I love that they look like sparkly bacon strips..









The work looked wonderful when it was displayed together on the art wall, and I was really excited to try all kinds of variations.  Give these projects a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment