Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New Paintings

I've finally started to make some headway on the paintings for Chhaya, and here is a look at some of the stuff I've been working on:


This one is 36"x48", although my seriously lousy smartphone camera does not do the best job of capturing detail...


Here's a detail of part of the city on the horizon line.  There is a long-standing tradition of miniature painting in India, and I'm interested in creating some small-scale pieces as well.  


Detail of Dog-thing.  Not sure exactly what this creature is, but I think it's a dog...


Detail of moth and moon.

This is the second painting(R); it measures 30"x40".  And here's a detail of the patterns in the background(L).  I've just started another layer of these patterns, so they'll be more pics to come...


Here's a couple more sketches as well, both pen and ink.  I plan to have a few clusters of smaller pieces throughout the show, and perhaps some prints available of the drawings as well.


 That's about it for now, but I should have another post coming up soon about some Fall and Halloween projects I did with my kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment